Sending a sympathy gift can be challenging especially when it comes to what to say on the card.
We search for right words and wonder what would be comforting from them to hear and then we worry about saying the wrong thing.
Even though it may not be as simple as saying sorry for your loss, it is important to reach out and send your condolences.
Although our words can’t take away the pain of losing a loved one, they can go a long way toward helping a grieving person feel they are loved and supported.
We have found some ideas from seasoned Hallmark writers that will hopefully give you some ideas and help you find the right words to say on the personalized gift card that accompanies your unique sympathy gift.
- “We are so sorry for your loss.”
- “I’m going to miss her, too.”
- “I hope you feel surrounded by much love.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Dan.”
- “Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs. I am so sorry for your loss.”
- “With deepest sympathy as you remember Robert.”
- “I was saddened to hear that your grandfather passed away. My thoughts are with you and your family.”
- “Remembering your wonderful mother and wishing you comfort.”
- “It was truly a pleasure working with your father for 17 years. He will be deeply missed.”
- “Thinking of you all as you celebrate your grandmother’s remarkable life.”
- “We are missing Anne along with you. With heartfelt sympathy,”
- “Thinking of you and wishing you moments of peace and comfort as you remember a friend who was so close to you.”
- “Our family is keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.”
- “Holding you close in my thoughts and hoping you are doing OK.”
Instead of sending fresh flowers, show your thoughtfulness with a one-of-a-kind remembrance gift honoring the memory and celebrating the life of a loved one.